The Ballyliffin Lodge Hotel is an award winning four star hotel based in the heart of Ballyliffin in the Inishowen Peninsula.
The hotel is known to be one of the best family run hotels in Donegal, with exquisite surroundings and first-class customer service and food. We are now recruiting for staff who will maintain these standards.
The Ballyliffin Lodge Hotel is now wishing to recruit for a Sales & Marketing Manager
- Contract Type: Full-time/Permanent
- Location: Ballyliffin, Co. Donegal
- Salary: Negotiable and depending on experience
As Sales & Marketing Manager you will be leading a team to actively convert wedding enquiries into confirmed sales. You will pro-actively identify customer needs and provide solutions to match them and effectively communicate with clients throughout the booking process to ensure full understanding and management of client requirements and identification of further opportunities.
We are seeking a great personality to share their passion for the hospitality industry and someone who has the ability to motivate and inspire their team in order to generate further business for the hotel. You will be working in a busy environment which requires a consistency in customer service, flexibility and being able to work well under pressure.
If you are a proven Events Sales Manager looking for new challenges in an exciting hotel and believe you have the passion and vision to help drive the business forward, this could be the role for you.
- 2 years’ experience working in a sales and marketing role.
- Experience in events, ideally in a hotel/wedding/conference environment.
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills.
- Keen eye for detail and good writing experience will be required.
- A driven and analytical mind-set, passionate about using your skills to drive growth.
- Experience of delivering innovative marketing campaigns, preferably in the hotel sector.
- Demonstrable ability to take the lead on a project and see it through to completion.
- Computer literacy.
- Working knowledge of social media platforms and scheduling tools.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and on various projects simultaneously.
- Excellent creative, communication and interpersonal skills
- A Degree in marketing, PR or equivalent.
- Experience in managing a sales and marketing team within the hotel sector.
- Manage the development of a strategic sales and marketing plan, ensuring annual targets and objectives are achieved.
- Manage the property’s reactive and proactive sales efforts.
- Determine and develops marketing communication activities, in conjunction with the management and ultimately, the directors.
- Provide customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Research competitor’s sales team strategies to identify ways to grow occupancy and Revenue and increase market share.
- Attend strategy meetings to provide input on weekly and overall sales strategy.
- Suggest innovative marketing ideas and develop deployment strategies to continue to grow market share.
- Focus on realignment from print to digital media
- Serve as the sales contact for the property leadership team.
- Serve as the sales contact for customers; serves as the customer advocate.
- Serve as hotel authority on sales processes and sales contracts.
- Participate in sales calls with members of the Sales and Marketing team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Identify public relations opportunities and coordinate activities to augment the overall marketing communication strategy.
- Execute and support the Ballyliffin Lodge’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
- Execute and support the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence)
- Implement a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales while consistently delivering high level of service.
- Monitor the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
- Maintains successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner
- Implement the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of the hotels sales objectives.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
- Develop strong partnerships with local organisations to further increase brand/product awareness.
- Develop strong community and public relations by maintaining property participation in local, regional and national tradeshows and client events.
- Execute exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and monitoring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Attend local networking events to build relationships and the brand.
- Develop sales goals and strategies and verify alignment with the brand business strategy.
- Execute the sales strategy in order to meet individual booking goals for both self and directors.
- Coach leaders of revenue generating departments in developing effective revenue strategies and setting aggressive goals that will drive the property’s financial performance.
- Partner with Human Resources to attract, develop and retain the right people in order to support the strategic priorities of the market.
- Create effective structures, processes, jobs and performance management systems.
- Set goals and expectations for direct reports.
- Forecast talent needs and manage talent acquisition strategy with Human Resources (HR) to minimise lost time due to turnover.
- Transfer functional knowledge and develop group sales skills of other discipline managers.
- Provide day to day leadership to sales associates to achieve property sales objectives with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and property revenues.
- Manage the marketing budget to enable development of property specific campaigns, promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet property objectives.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria along with your CV to email@example.com or via post to the HR Department, The Ballyliffin Lodge Hotel, Ballyliffin, Co. Donegal, Ireland; before Monday 31st July 2017 at 5.00pm.
The Ballyliffin Lodge Hotel is an Equal Opportunities Employer.