St Vincent de Paul is looking for a cook/supervisor.
The role is to supervise and manage the running of the Ozanam Social Activity/Day centre in Rathmullan for 2 days per week, 8 hours per day.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
• A qualification in a relevant area- cooking/ management
• FETAC Level 5 Desirable
• Experience in the community /voluntary sector would be an advantage
• Experience of working in a caring profession
• Experience in managing and organising activities and events.
• Be highly organised and time efficient individual
• Be a caring individual in terms of how they relate to the service user.
• Be an excellent communicator with highly developed listening, verbal skills and be computer literate.
• Enjoy working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Be independent, fair and confident in challenging situations
• Be innovative and inventive in responding to poverty
• Have an ability to display empathy, patience and a well-developed sense of humour.
If you meet these requirements and have the desire to join one of Ireland’s best known, trusted and respected not-for-profit organisations, then we look forward to hearing from you.
For full details on how to apply, including full job description and application form, please log onto https://www.svp.ie/jobs/vacancies-listing/supervisor-cook.aspx?jref=SCNW0419″>https://www.svp.ie/jobs/vacancies-listing/supervisor-cook.aspx?jref=SCNW0419</a>
You can apply online directly or post your completed application form to Human Resources, SVP House, 91-92 Sean McDermott Street, Dublin 1.
The appointment is subject to satisfactory references and Garda Vetting. Canvassing will not be accepted and may lead to disqualification. Due to the large volume of applications, we are not in the position to provide individual feedback to candidates who are not shortlisted for interview.
SVP is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
The closing date for applications for this permanent part-time post is 4pm on May 6th, 2019.