Job Vacancy: A Donegal based business is currently recruiting for a Cost accountant / Accounts Technician to join their team.
The successful candidate will lead and have responsibility for the reporting and controlling of manufacturing cost for all sites across the business.
You will be working across various departments to minimize financial waste, maximize profitability and deliver strategic business objectives. If you are a qualified accounts tec. or cost accountant with 4-5 years of experience in a similar role, this is the right opportunity for you!
- Analyse actual manufacturing costs and prepare weekly & monthly reports comparing standard costs to actual.
- Produce various management reports.
- Support the preparation of budgets including the development of robust forecast and budget models.
- Support the project management office with financial analysis.
- Strong cost systems experience.
- Ensure month end results & reports issued are accurate and reconcile to core systems.
- Confidence to introduce new accounting software into the business.
- Identify and deliver ongoing improvements to finance processes.
- Manages execution, strong leadership & influencing skills.
- Highly adaptable solution orientated individual.
- Demonstrated success working in a highly collaborative environment.
Duties will include some of the following:
- Generates cost of sales and manufacturing costs for month end financial reports.
- Prepares financial entries and schedules related to financial close.
- Reconciles inventory and prepares the accrued expense report.
- Evaluates and maintains Direct Labour standards for existing and new products.
- Monthly reconciliations on debtors ledger, creditors ledgers and bank accounts
- Assist in month end & quarter end reporting processes
- Participate with the annual audit process
- Prepare current financial reporting models
- Assist in testing and implementation of new processes across the Finance Department
- Assisting in the updating of all cash flow projections in a timely manner.
- Assisting with the year end audit and responding to audit queries
- Assist in preparation of monthly management accounts to include P&L, BS and Cashflow Statement and variance analysis.
- Maintain fixed asset register, completing monthly depreciation postings and reconciliation of fixed assets and assets under construction.
- Detailed tracking and accounting for all build and connection projects ensuring capitalisation of costs in compliance with company policy.
- Accurately record and reconcile all Intercompany transactions on a monthly basis.
- Participate in relevant process improvement projects and ad hoc projects as required
- Project costing
Desirable but not essential:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Strong Excel and analytical skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in Construction or building trade
Salary: €60,000 negotiable depending on experience.
Location: Letterkenny/ Ballybofey/ Donegal Town
Send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 31/07/2020