Job Vacancy: The Donegal-based Alcohol Forum is recruiting for a full-time Financial Officer (Maternity Leave Cover).
The Alcohol Forum is a national charity that works for an Ireland where every child, family and community is free from the harmful effects of alcohol.
We are inviting applications from suitably qualified individuals for the post of:
- Letterkenny Office (The role is currently working from home and will be a mix of home-working and office-working)
- Maternity Leave Cover (12 months), full-time (35 hours per week)
- €33,000 Gross per annum
The post of Finance Officer is a critical role within the organisation and the post holder will be responsible for the day-to-day financial management and will be involved in maintaining the financial procedures and systems, producing budgets and management accounts for a variety of needs, and ensuring accurate and timely record keeping.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual who is capable of working independently and communicating effectively with the Board, senior managers, and funders.
- Proven professional senior experience (4+ years) in a finance department as relevant to the requirements of the position;
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant field;
- Experience of sage accounts essential together with excellent Microsoft programmes, particularly excel;
- Have broad experience of financial management, accounting, reporting, and statutory requirements;
- Have strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to organise, lead and motivate other staff;
- Ability to plan and develop systems;
- Have experience of Charity finance
Closing deadline: 5pm on Tuesday 20th October 2020
Interview: Wednesday 28th October, 2020
This post is covering maternity leave for a period of 12 months.
The Application form, job description and person spec can be downloaded from our website: www.alcoholforum.org