Donegal Centre for Independent Living (DCIL) is the lead organisation of people with disabilities promoting independent living in Donegal.
Its primary function is to promote, support and encourage independent living for people with physical and sensory disabilities through the promotion and development of a range of services and lobbying to remove attitudinal and environmental restrictions that unnecessarily restrict the lives of people with disabilities.
DCIL is now seeking to recruit a Finance & Operations Manager for their premises, in DCIL Ballymacool House, Ballymacool, Letterkenny.
Contract Type: Fixed Term – 2 Years
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week
Report To: CEO & Board of Management
Finance & Operations Manager Role
The role of the Finance and Operations Manager is to ensure the overall efficient and productive running of the Accounts function on a day to day basis.
The Finance and Operations Manager will assist the CEO in delivering the overall strategic direction and performance of DCIL in line with its purposes, vision, mission, values and objectives. The post holder ensure that the organisation follows best practice in finance and administrative practices
The post holder will have an appreciation of the commercial realities facing the organisation and a proven ability to set realistic options based on the resources available together with skills and experience of budgeting, Public Sector Tendering, Grant Applications, Business & Strategic Planning, managing organisational finances and assets.
In addition, the post holder will support the CEO with the operational team management within the organisation.
• A proven track record of budgeting, tendering, producing Business Plans, managing and controlling organisational finances and assets as well as auditing and corporate governance
• Experience of working in a busy Organisational environment that has involved dealing with senior management and other key internal and external stakeholders
• Experience of managing staff
• Experience of prioritising and organising own workload in a busy organisation environment
• Experience of organising meetings and the appropriate follow up of actions
• Experience of analysing and collating data and producing summary reports
• Experience in preparing end-of-year accounts.
• Experience of using financial systems to produce monthly management accounts.
• Experience of appointing and managing service providers.
• Office management, recruiting and managing staff and providing support services.
• Excellent IT skills (spreadsheets, Microsoft Office suite, database management).
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with demonstrable evidence of negotiation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines. Experience of developing policies, procedures and controls in an organisation
• Experience in an organisation governed by a voluntary board of directors and the procedures associated with this
• Track record of audit experience in a public/voluntary organisation
• An excellent knowledge and understanding of the public/voluntary Sector and its accountability
• Knowledge of the internal workings of CILs’ which would include successful operation of Funding and Service Agreements
Candidates must have at the latest date of application:
• Relevant 3rd level qualification (Accountancy/Business/Management or related discipline)
• Maximum of no less than 3 years management experience in the public sector in an environment where you have had overall responsibility for people management, financial control and service/organisation management)
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter along with your CV outlining how you meet the criteria to email@example.com or via post to Siobhan Dalton, HR Team, Catalyst Building, Derry, BT48 7TG; clearly outlining how you meet the criteria before Friday 29th January 2021.