Job Vacancy: Buncrana Credit Union (BCU) is seeking an Anti- Money Laundering (AML) Officer (Full-Time).
The role offers a Hybrid Working Arrangement (combination of office and home working).
The role of the AML Officer is to lead the development of AML and counter terrorist financing (CTF) policies and procedures, to advise on new and impending statutory and regulatory requirements, acting upon all reports of suspicious transactions, and ensuring all Credit Union directors, volunteers and staff are trained in AML and CTF matters.
The AML Officer will be accountable and responsible for the following:
- Act as the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) and manage this function within Buncrana Credit Union;
- Manage the AML/CTF compliance and monitoring plan for the Credit Union and produce and present regulatory reports as required;
- Support the CEO and Board of Directors in the implementation of relevant policies and procedures within the Credit Union;
- Investigate and report any Suspicious Transaction Reports (STR) issues or concerns to the relevant agencies/authorities and law enforcement agencies, as and when required:
- Act as the Key Liaison point with the relevant agencies/authorities and law enforcement agencies;
- Manage the AML Function and ensure that this function is compliant with all legal, financial, statutory and regulatory requirements, including the maintenance of all AML/CTF records;
- Monitor regulatory compliance through continuous review and assessment of existing controls and processes and report to the CEO, Board of Directors and Risk & Compliance Committee on a monthly basis or as/when required on the overall level of compliance with AML, CFT and FS regulations within Buncrana Credit Union;
- Manage the AML/CFT training programmes internally and ensure that all Employees, Board Members and Volunteers are adequately trained on current and new regulations; and
- Monitor transactions and conduct financial sanctions screening.
The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- A third level qualification, ideally in business, law or a related field;
- Experience in working in a regulated environment, with similar experience a distinct advantage;
- A relevant qualification such as QFA, Pathways, ACOI Diploma in compliance, IOB Certificate in Financial Crime, or CAMS certificate would be advantageous;
- The ability to take ownership and foster a culture of AML/CTF compliance; and
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
A competitive salary and benefit package will be on offer.
If you feel you can meet the requirements of this role, please visit our website at https://www.buncranacu.ie/recruitment for further information and to download an application form and recruitment privacy notice. Applications must be received by BCU via the method stated on the website on or before 5pm on Tuesday 22nd June 2021.
Applicants should note that the Fitness and Probity Standards for Credit Unions apply to this position.
Please note that only applications received and completed on the standard application form will be considered. Canvassing will disqualify.
Buncrana Credit Union is an equal opportunities employer. Further screening criteria may be applied.