Job Vacancy: The Inishowen Co-Op is recruiting an IT Technician for a full-time permanent position at the head office in Carndonagh.
Why choose to work with us?
A career at Inishowen Co-Op gives you the opportunity to join a supportive team in a growing business in the Inishowen region. We are keen to grow and update our technology capabilities and currently we are in the process of introducing online e commerce to the group.
Our success is directly linked to the performance and capability of our people and we welcome you to consider joining our team. This is a full- time permanent position at our head office in Carndonagh.
- Investigate and resolve problems in the day-to-day use of servers, computers, printers and other IT related equipment.
- Lead in the installation and configuration of hardware and software in conjunction with our IT suppliers. Ensure the effective running of the Co-op’s IT network and e-mail system including managing software updates
- To be the first point of contact for all IT and ERP systems issues across Inishowen Co-Op and its subsidiaries.
- Maintain and update Inishowen Co-Ops eCommerce websites across its subsidiaries
- Ensuring the complete security of Inishowen Co-Ops IT systems.
- Ensuring the organisation meets all the relevant data protection measures and comply with European GDPR legislation.
- Assist with the preparation of documents and reports
- Be proactive in developing methods of improving IT related business processes focusing on time & cost saving measures and completing training.
- Strong general Desktop, Laptop support and troubleshooting skills
- Assist the senior management team in the ongoing security, development improvement and implementation of Inishowen Co-Ops IT strategy across all divisions and stores such as Intact Newline & Tokheim etc.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with or knowledge of operating systems; current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance-monitoring tools,
- Advanced computer skills and detail orientation
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills – ability to translate complicated technological terminology into language easily understood by others.
- Competence with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Formal third level qualification in computer science would be advantageous
- INTACT experience would be advantageous
- Drivers licence preferable but not an initial requirement if the candidate is working towards gaining a full licence
Here’s what you’ll get from us:
- Join a progressive long established team working with the local community for many years.
- Friendly supportive team workers
- Great support
- Ongoing training
- Excellent pay rates to suitable applicants depending on experience
Apply by forwarding your CV with a cover letter to email@example.com outlining the position you are applying for by close of business on 14th October 2022.