Job Vacancy: Magee 1866 are recruiting for an Accounts Assistant to join their team at New Row, Donegal Town, Co Donegal.
Magee, based in Donegal Town, is a 5th generation Irish family business with over 150 years of experience in designing, weaving and tailoring cloth and clothing in Donegal. The Company operates across manufacturing, wholesale, retail and e-commerce.
We wish to recruit an experienced Accounts Assistant whose main objective is to produce accurate accounting figures to strict deadlines to assist with the efficient running of the Company.
Key responsibilities include:-
- Monthly reconciliations and month-end preparation including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Bank Reconciliation and Intercompany Management
- Monthly P&L expense reviews and analysis.
- Managing Revenue Returns including VAT, Intrastat and VIES Returns
- Daily cashflow management.
- Assist in the preparation of Management Accounts and for the annual audit.
- Payroll preparation
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role in a fast-paced industry.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- A good team-player, also capable of working on their own initiative.
- Excellent written, verbal and communications skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and Sage and the ability to learn in-House systems quickly.
An Accounting Technician qualification would be an advantage but is not essential.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit your cv to Ann Harley – [email protected].
The closing date for this vacancy is 9th April 2021.
Please note that we will only be replying to shortlisted candidates.